Ok, I guess I promised an update. I'd say that we are generally busy with the usual things. We have lots of birthdays in May and June so we've had a few parties. We have also had some get-togethers as well. Chad and I are both busy at work so we are having to balance that with getting stuff done at home and spending time with the kids. Hailey is finally warming up and starting to not be so shy with the neighborhood kids. They do a lot of playing in the afternoons and weekends. It is still a bit of an adjustment for Chad and I do let her just be outside by herself with the other kids. I check on her constantly. Hailey is taking another session of swimming at Foss every Wednesday night. She continues to get better each week. She is not afraid of the water at all.
Some of you may know that Jack had to have a CT scan of his head. His head is at the 99% percentile (which is acceptable), however his head circumference growth had been a bit more than we want it to be as compared to his length and weight growth. He was an angel during the scan and all the results were normal. They just wanted to rule out anything that might be causing this. He just has a big noggin and he has his Grandpa M. to thank for that. The doctor assures us that there is nothing to worry about now that the scan showed everything is normal. Jack is on the move these days. He does 2 types of crawls - an army crawl where he drags his legs and pulls himself with his arm and a modified "normal" crawl where he has one leg tucked in front. He pulls up on lots of things and today I even caught him on the bottom stair with his hands on the second step. Stinker! Time for the gates. He is a happy boy most of the time expect for getting his molars in.
Looking forward to the Forth of July weekend up north. Stokes - I'll post a picture of the garden sometime this week. All of lilies are starting to open so in a day or so, it will look great. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
I like to rub my belly!

Jack is now one. We had a little birthday party out on the patio. He really liked his cake.


Jack is a big eater now. He just shovels in the food just a fast as we can get it on the tray. We really haven't found something that he doesn't like. He even eats peas. Makes me wonder if he is my child after all.

Hailey was quite the little gardener this year. Here she is displaying some of the fruits of her labor. Ok, maybe some of my gardening labor as well. He is excited to take her radishes up to Grandma Jan's.


3 comments:
Has any one mentioned that you have some pretty cute kids!?! :)
Great post, Hope! Your kids are adorable! I know what you mean about having a kid with a larger head. Amelia's is pretty big too. We don't think that CranioCap did much, but as long as it's just cosmetic, we don't care. Hope you are all well. We should all get together again soon. Check our blog for more updates . . . Mira needs glasses!
What a pretty cake Jack had for his bday, did you make it!?!
Post a Comment