Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy Week

Just a quick update. Fast week here at the H house. I had the pleasure of spending my first day back from vacation in LaCrosse, WI with a bunch of Xcel Energy retiree talking about benefits. I probably would have enjoyed the pretty drive more if it hadn't been my first day back. The drive just seemed really long.

Hailey is a bit under the weather this week. She might have just the slightest fever but it really doesn't register in the thermometer. She didn't eat dinner last night and slept on the couch from 6-8 and was in bed again by 10 for a full night's sleep. She missed swimming lessons. With a few doses of Motrin, she seems fine. We are going to get her some extra sleep this weekend.

Jack has been a happy boy this week. We finally have 2 gates - one for the step down into the kitchen and one for going up the stairs. Now we don't have to worry about leaving him in the living room because his is always getting into trouble and he totally giggles about it. This week, Chad and I had enough with Jack's bedtime routine so for the past 4 nights he has been put down in his crib awake instead of rocking him to sleep. The first night he cried bloody murder for 40 minutes but we didn't pick him up. Tonight he just fussed a bit and he was down in 13 minutes. We still stay in his room but we are hopeful that we will phase out of that in a week or so with some persistence on our part.

Chad is busy at work. He needs to hire someone new to his team. He had about 150 applicants he had to narrow it down from and he ended up prescreening about 25 over the phone. Now comes the tedious part of interviews.

Tomorrow is the last day of daycare for 2 weeks. Kathy goes on her annual 2 week vacation and we are left to fend for ourselves. Yikes. Chad and I split the first week and watch the kids our selves and the second week, the kids go north for Grandma Camp with my parents. Hailey loves it and it will be Jack's first camp this year. Chad and I are taking Monday off of that week to spend time together. The rest of the week we work but just not having to cut someone's food up into tiny pieces, having to pick up toys all week or have someone yell "come wipe my poop" from the bathroom will vacation enough. Ahh the joys.

I hope all of you are well. I have enjoyed all the blogs of late - some more that than others. Some of you are a bit remiss in posting - I won't mention any names but you know who you are. : )

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Way to be strong and help Jack learn to put himself to sleep! All of you are going to be so much happier because of it, especially Jack because he'll probably start sleeping better.

Katie said...

You know how much trouble I have posting after the guest blogger has made an appearance! I'll post today or tomorrow for sure!