Spent last Sunday thru Wednesday at The Wilderness Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells. Our condo was a nice upgrade (space-wise) from last year's trip and it gave the kids room to roam. Despite some service issues that irritated the adults, the kids loved it and had a blast. We spent most of our time at the wave pool park which also had a little kids area. We packed our lunches and pretty much spend most of the day at the park. Hailey loved riding the big waves in the wave pool and she was once again the only kid brave enough to tackle a tube ride called the Dueling Mammoths. She was scared on the first ride down but was ready to go again and again after that.
Thursday was back to reality. Both Chad and Hailey are not feeling well. Hailey has been running a fever since Thursday night. Took her to the doctor this morning but no strep or ear infection so we will just have to tough it out. Chad was supposed to go to San Diego next Tuesday thru Friday but his trip got cancelled. While I know he was looking forward to the trip, I am not sad about missing 4 day alone with the kids.
Not much else happening here. I will mention that Jack is picking up a bunch of new words lately but no sentences yet. When he says his words, they are pretty clear so based off of that, I am attributing his lack of speaking with general stubbornness. As Katie and Danielle can attest to, Jack even has a stubborn look too - a furrowed brow and pursed lips. It's cute and funny at the same time.
Katie and Colin

Popcorn and a movie

Little Miss Legs relaxing

Jack enjoying lunch

A view of the wave pool. We were camped
out right under the sign at the back of the pool.

Chad and Hailey riding the waves

Bennett

Hailey splashing in the waves

Annalise and Hailey

Jack dipping in his toes
Mark, Charlie and George riding the waves

Jack poolside

Hailey the happy swimmer
Hailey and a snowman she made all by herself
sometime last week. She was very proud.

3 comments:
Hailey is getting to be so beautiful! Looks like you all had so much fun! Wish I could have been there with you...
Very nice pics :) George dropped my camera today and now it is not working, it will be awhile until I can download them, I don't have a disk drive. Good thing Mark bought the 2 year extended waranty.
Great post, Hope! Glad you had a nice vacation. I think we'll take a trip to the Dells this summer. Where did you stay? Hailey is really beautiful. Hold on tight to that one! Hope you and the family are feeling better. We'll have to get together soon.
Post a Comment