Maple Grove Days started last Thursday with the annual parade. This parade is a big deal. There are literally thousands of people that attend. People stake out their spots on the route the day before. This year it was started off with a fly-over by 2 WWII SNJ fighter planes. Very cool. Hailey was so excited about being there and Jack just wanted to see police cars and fire trucks. Despite the clouds and a few rain drops, we made it a few hours which was only about 75% of the parade.



Hailey filled (and I mean filled) her bag with candy.

On Saturday we attend the Maple Grove Days Art fair and then onto the the "truck show" which has big scoop trucks, utility trucks, fire department display, an ambulance, etc. Then it was on to the petting zoo and kid fun stuff.
Here is Haily checking out a stretcher in the ambulance.

Back of a police car.

Bouncy castle fun.

Car racing with Dad.

We rounded out Maple Grove Days by watching a great fireworks show at 10pm with our neighbors from the top level of the Maple Grove Transit Station. Yeah - I know it sounds like a weird place to watch (only in the suburbs, right?) but it's a great spot. A fair number of families go there, lots of kids, you are up high so it's a great view and no bugs! Both kids were very tired that night.
So that brings me to the last picture of this post. Everyday when I get home with the kids from daycare, Jack picks up this little rock he keeps on the garage. He normally says something like "Mommy - rock". Very cute. Well, today my hands were full and he didn't want to put down the rock so it ended up going in the house with us. No biggie, right? I'd just put it back outside just as soon as I emptied my hands of a purse, my phone, their daycare bag, the mail and four kid art projects. Well apparently I didn't do it fast enough because Jack got mad and threw his rock at Hailey which just nailed her in the eye. The picture doesn't do it justice. After the yelling and screaming settled down, I did have a little chuckle in my mind thinking how many more times in the future, the little brother Jack is going to chase, hit, bite or generally terrorize his older sister. I guess only time will tell.
3 comments:
Poor Hailey! I am sure it won't be the last time. The upside is she will be able to kick any guys butt when she is older after dealing with her brother :)
Nice post, Hope. We haven't yet been to the parade for MG Days. Maybe next year! We see a much smaller parade in Lanesboro. Quick in, quick out!
What a fun evening...the kids are so cute..I hope that's the last black eye Hailey gets!
Post a Comment