Tuesday, September 28, 2010
The Bewitching Hour
The 45 - 60 minutes that I am home with the kids after daycare but before Chad gets home has been the worst part of my day lately. I know that is a terrible thing for a mother to say but at this moment, it is true. They are terrible during this time. Whining, yelling, fighting, begging for anything they can't have and they don't listen at all. I lost it tonight. After not following my instructions about homework, pulling all the cushions off the couch, not listening about picking them up, fighting with each other about who touched who, who looked at who, who inflicted fake injuries upon eachother, I just completely lost it. They are now both banished to the living room (oh the horror), they are not allowed to do ANYTHING but read books (oh the horror again.) They are both balling their eyes out. I don't care at this second that they are both having major meltdowns. I am in the office with the door shut blogging about it. I can't wait until Chad is home. To bed early tonight...me that this. At this rate, they will still be crying on the couch at 9pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
And I was going to call tonight but I will wait a day or two.
Love
Mom
You're not a bad Mom...but geez I thought my Grandkids were perfect..oh well.
Start drinking as soon as you get home, they won't act any better but you won't care about it :)
PWI (parenting while intoxicated)baby, it's the only way to go.
That is our witching hour too and I can't stand it! Whining, fighting, begging for snacks while I'm trying to make dinner. I'm tired of it too. I yell a lot between 5-7 pm. Bedtime isn't fun either. Hoping it's a phase and will end. So, just saying you are not alone. They are fine alone for a few minutes while you regroup at the bar!
I meant while you regroup in the tub!
Post a Comment