Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jack Things


We were driving in the truck the other day and Jack was attempting to explain that he was just trying to confuse us by saying something funny/silly.  What he actually said was "I'm going to mess you up!", which came across something like a drunk would say moments before a bar room brawl.  So of course, we laugh and he just kept saying "I'm going to mess you up!"  Maybe you had to be there but we were just dying.

Last week, we were watching American Idol.  Jack was totally watching Jennifer Lopez.  Chad asked if Jack liked her.  He got all shy and told us yes.  Chad asked why and he said that she was pretty and he liked her lips.  J-Lo happened to have on bright red lipstick that night.  Way to pick them Jack!  You could definitely do a lot worse than J-Lo.

He has also been telling us things like "We don't say 'butt', we say 'bottom'.  Kathy doesn't like that."  "We don't touch guns" (recent safety week topic) and "Mom - these are my boxers, not underwear" - with an eye roll.  He tells us all about food groups and what foods belong to them.  And now I get lectured about " Mom, Coke is bad for you.  It is not in a food group and it will make your teeth fall out."  Great.

I love 3-year olds.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Cute.

Stokes said...

Adorable, Jack!

Not 3 much longer...