I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Denver for work. My entire team was there and we did our 2007 planning at my coworker Vicki's house. We were quite productive being away from the office. I am glad we didn't have to be stuffed in a conference room all that time. We had a great Mexican dinner on Monday night and we had dinner at the Chart House up in the mountains on Tuesday night. You could see the entire city of Denver sparkling below. It was very pretty and the food was great. Vicki even surprised us with a limo for our mountain dinner. After dinner we went to an old mining town called Blackhawk which now has a bunch of little casinos. No, there were no big winners. So being there was a good time however, I really dislike the traveling part. Airports, airplanes, taxi rides and hotels all involved some aspect of hurry up and wait. That part of traveling really takes it out of me. Not to mention that I had to be up by 4:30am on Monday to get ready and drive to the airport to make our (very) early flight.
It was great to be home and see Chad and Hailey. I missed them both. Hailey was sick last night. She was throwing up from 12 - 3am. Nothing more fun than a 12:30 am bath and 4 loads of vomit laundry in the middle of the night. I must really give Chad the credit for holding all things together last night. I am pretty sure that I couldn't have done the clean up. (Thanks Sweets.) My sleep tank is running on "E" and that low fuel light has been blinking for about 3 days now. She is doing better today but is a bit punky - running a low temp, not much appetite - but no more throwing up. Poor thing. She is napping now which should really help. I know she didn't sleep much last night.
Some of you may or may not know but we are expecting #2 on June 3, 2007. I have been feeling really good. No sickness at all. I mostly just have to eat little meals to keeps something in my stomach otherwise I get ornery. I am about 10 and a half weeks right now. I haven't been as tired as I was with Hailey but I must say that the last few days of little sleep are catching up with me. That's was weekends are for, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woah- you just jump right in with your announcements, don't you? I'm glad you had a nice time in Denver. It sounds wonderful to me- complete opposite of my current lifestyle. What a great husband you have; even if you aren't nauseous, vomit clean-up might cause you to be---now get better, Hailey! Poor babe. Take care of yourself and #2. Have a wonderful, nap-filled weekend.
YAY! I just told Cynth last night that I had a feeling someone else that I knew was pregnant (since it seems to be a big go-round for pregnancy announcements lately). She even guessed it was you! Congrats.
Good for you Hope!!!! CONGRATS to you and Chad!
Post a Comment