I am not being a bad phone caller, bad emailer or a bad blogger on purpose. Things have been less than routine around here as of late. As you read before, last Wednesday, it was Hailey and the stomach flu. (All good now.) Last night it was Chad's turn. He has had a touch of the stomach flu the past few days which is not surprising. However, last night was not all that fun. Short story is that he woke up at 3:30am with chest pains followed by a tingling left arm, cold sweats and severe shivering/shaking. Sooooo, a 911 call, 1 ambulance ride, 5 hours in the ER, several blood draws, some EKGs, one chest X-ray, a 1 hour stress test, and 2 more hours in back in the ER, everything is ok. We got home about 1 this afternoon. No heart issues, thankfully. Most likely esophageal spasms in which symptoms can be "Pain in your chest, often intense, which you might mistake for a heart attack. Can be accompanied by a burning sensation that may radiate from your upper abdomen to your neck and arm." I don't know about you ladies out there but I have not desire to raise 2 kids on my own so I had no problem being safe than sorry. We did get some naps this afternoon. He will have some follow up appointments in the next week.
That being said, I am ready for some hum drum, good old 9-5 work, dinner, perhaps a little Lost or Grey's Anatomy in the evening and then off to bed for a nice 8 hour snooze. Good 'ole routine would be much welcomed.
P.S. - Mom & Dad M. I did try calling you on the cell but couldn't reach you. Sorry if you are reading this before we chat. Hope you are having a good trip. We are all just fine. Don't worry.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Routine? Can I get a definition? Can you use that word in a sentence? Wow...glad all is well but I bet it was scary. Take care of yourself, Mr. H!
Post a Comment