Friday, December 15, 2006

We are Still Here...




Yes, despite my absence from blogging, we are still living here in Maple Grove, Minnesota and are all well. We have not mysteriously dropped off the face of the earth. Motivation seems to be my main issue these days. However I am very motivated to get lots of napping in whenever possible these days. It took 2 weeks to get all my Christmas decorations up and I still think I'd be working on them if it were not for Chad's help. On Sunday, I will be 4 months along. I have already felt the baby moving but it is just ever so slightly. The next few weeks I should really start to feel movement. My belly is starting to pop. Much quicker than the first time around.

Chad and I had the day off and did a lot of Christmas shopping. Prior to this morning, I did not have have a single thing bought. (Back to that motivation thing...) I am feeling much better about the shopping now. I have a few things that I need to get done on the sewing machine this weekend and then I'd like to get most of the wrapping done. It is so nice to have that done as soon as possible. However, we are very curious about how H. will react to packages under the tree. I would not be one bit surprised if we were to find one opened when we were not looking. She is so excited about Christmas this year. She is talking a lot about Santa and getting presents for everyone.

Chad is finishing out the rest of the year working (if that is what you call it) and looking for work. Mostly he is looking internal at Wells right now as he'd like to stay on there. Thankfully, he will be getting paid until June. He's got a few things in the works with several interviews so keep your fingers crossed. With Chad having lots of free time after the first of the year and my parents not going south for the winter, we hope to get a start on the basement. Mom and Dad have volunteered their time to help out and school us on the finer points of finishing a basement. Basically, Mom and Dad need to build their own bedroom downstairs if they want a place to stay while they are here. Won't be long and we will have to move Hailey to her new room (currently the guestroom) and a big bed.

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy themselves. Happy holiday rush to everyone! I'll try and make it not so long between posts next time.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Umm yeah, I was about to send you a -gram about waiting so long between posts, but then I remembered I should cut you some slack, some little fetus is sucking away all of you energy. Glad you guys are doing well.

Katie said...

At your current rate of blogging, I guess I can expect a Happy Birthday blog in another month. Just kidding, no blogging pressure. I'm curious as to what you're sewing. Also, Mike was checking his internal job postings for Chad, and found one for himself, so we'll see what develops....