Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Double the Fun

The past 24 hours have been a treat. Actually it started last Friday. Both kids have had hacky coughs and Jack ran a low fever this weekend. Overall, Jack hasn't been sleeping well since then. So last night at 7:30, Hailey starts crying out of the blue and says her ear hurts. I promptly send Chad off to Urgent Care before they close and sure enough, she has an ear infection. Then the evening is filled with the drama of taking the "terrible" medicine. Then off to bed for everyone which was only a night about 3 hours of sleep for mom, dad and Jack. Jack hacked, wheezed, coughed and was generally uncomfortable most of the night. So I got up at 3am and made a doctor's appointment at 8am. He had a bad ear infection. Hopefully after 2 doctors visits and 2 antibiotic prescriptions in the past 24 hours, we are all on the mend. Here's to a better night's sleep.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Boy, you guys have been through the wringer. Henry and myself are running a fever today. I also hear Katie is sick. What a fun bunch we are!

Michelle said...

Good luck, Hope! That can sure ruin the next day when you don't get enough sleep. Hope the kids are feeling better!

Erin said...

I bet the icing on the cake was spending the whole day talking about lessons learned, agreed? I bet you were thinking "here's what you can do with that 'opporunity'!!!"

Anonymous said...

Help is on the way, be there soon.

Stokes said...

Ohhh, Hope. That does NOT sound fun! Thinking about you today... Maybe I'll give you a call soon.