Now I hope that no one is feeling sorry for our kids because I am not all that sure they really missed us. At the end of the first 4 days, after my parents dropped them off and where headed back north, Jack cried as they drove away saying "Granma, Granpa, come back". How's that for ya!? In between Grandma Camp parts I and II, the kids also got a trip to Como Zoo with Chad and a fun filled day with Grandma and Grandpa Hudrlik and their cousins. What a life! Here are pictures of the fun times at Grandma Camp 2009.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Kid-cation
In these economic times, people are talking about "stay-cations" instead of vacations. It's where you stay close to home and rediscover all your home, family and neighborhood has to offer. Well, this year, Chad and I got 2 kid-cations - aka Grandma Camp 2009. The last week of July and the first week of August we don't have daycare so Mom and Dad take the kids for a few days each week. The first week they had them Sunday - Wednesday and the second week they had them Monday evening through Saturday morning. I think that Chad I were drunk with kid-less freedom. We...went out to movie, had late evening drinks at a bar, shopped, worked late a few days with no daycare pick up worries, landscaped, ate out a lot, played bar bingo, napped, laid around, played loud music past 7:30pm, left my card making stuff out of days on end, ate in the living room, never argued with anyone about bedtime rules and never cut up anyone's food... all without kids. Yep...a Kid-cation!
Now I hope that no one is feeling sorry for our kids because I am not all that sure they really missed us. At the end of the first 4 days, after my parents dropped them off and where headed back north, Jack cried as they drove away saying "Granma, Granpa, come back". How's that for ya!? In between Grandma Camp parts I and II, the kids also got a trip to Como Zoo with Chad and a fun filled day with Grandma and Grandpa Hudrlik and their cousins. What a life! Here are pictures of the fun times at Grandma Camp 2009.

Now I hope that no one is feeling sorry for our kids because I am not all that sure they really missed us. At the end of the first 4 days, after my parents dropped them off and where headed back north, Jack cried as they drove away saying "Granma, Granpa, come back". How's that for ya!? In between Grandma Camp parts I and II, the kids also got a trip to Como Zoo with Chad and a fun filled day with Grandma and Grandpa Hudrlik and their cousins. What a life! Here are pictures of the fun times at Grandma Camp 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think I want to go to Grandma Camp, is anyone have one?
Love
Grandma Jan
When is registration for this camp? My kids would love to go!!
Grandma Jan,
You should sign up for Grateful Children camp, where you will be wined and dined, and sent for massages, facials, and mani/pedis! What lucky kids Hailey and Jack are!
Post a Comment