I am so tired of lights and the TV being left on in our house. Problem is that when you leave the kitchen lights on, it is 4 can lights and if the pendant lights are also on, it is an additional 4 light bulbs. Then if the lights are on over the table, it is 2 more lights. It the bathrooms, it is a minimum of 3 light bulbs. If all the stair lights are on, it is the 2 bulbs in the overhead light and the 2 stair lights. Then there is the the laundry room, bedrooms, hallways and more. And don't get me started on how often the TV is on with no one even in the room.
So I told the kids are are starting a lighting chart. It will be 100 squares. I will put on a sticker everytime they turn off a light where no one is in the room. There will be a reward at the end. They were very excited to hear about it. Even Jack understands the concept of wasting electricity. I mostly am looking to create a habit of turning off the lights but with all the money we save, I am going to take a trip around the world.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's a great idea, we too have the same problem, I am forever turning off lights. Let me know how the new chart goes.
I'm going to miss you when you return to work!
Mom
Post a Comment