Thursday, July 12, 2007

Parade Night

Packed up the family and headed to the Maple Grove Days parade. Hailey and her cousins had a blast. It really is just a parade of local business, local city royalty, some school bands and fire truck but the kids just love it. It was one of those beautiful Minnesota evenings tonight and there were no bugs to speak of. Hailey also collected more candy than Halloween from the parade people throwing out candy. She really didn't get it at first but by the end, she was a master at chasing down the candy before the other kids got to it.



On the Jack front.... he is doing well. He is really starting to be alert and notice more things around him. He is having a bit if a skin issue that will require a check up on Monday. He is peeling all over his body but it doesn't seem to bother him. I am no longer nursing him as he never seemed to get the hang of it. He'd nurse for 40 minutes and best I could figure, he drink about 1 ounce (and then I'd still be able to pump 2-3 ounces). Then I still have to feed him a bottle too. There were just not enough hours in the day or night for me to keep doing that routine. I am now pumping every three hours and just barely keeping up on the milk that he is demanding. It does seem strange to not keep up with him because with Hailey I had so much milk. He is up about every 3 hours in the middle of the night so I am looking forward to the night when we could go even 4 hours. Sleep is a bit lacking around here.



For my work friends reading my blog, it was sure nice to see all of you the other night at C.'s baby shower. I do miss all of you. Things seem to be changing to quickly around there. I was glad that so many of you were able to meet Jack.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, Jackson has changed so much! What a cute little smiler! Henry is also starting to smile, I love it.

cynthia said...

REally enjoyed the photos! Hailey is so cute! Jackson is growing fast!