Sunday, July 22, 2007

This and That

People ask what we've been up to lately and the fact of the matter is I really don't know - a little bit of this and a little bit of that, I guess. With a nearly 7 week old, 2 things happen - 1) you have lost your ability to remember past 4 hours (probably due to sleep deprivation) and 2) Jack runs the show so we do mostly what he allows us to do. We've tried to get out and about a bit. We attended Maple Grove Days last weekend. I've been doing some catch up gardening. Needless to say, I wasn't really about to do a lot of that at the end of May and beginning of June. We've had some visitors. Trying to continue some work on the basement. It's making Chad lose sleep due the fact that it is not done (very unlike him to obsess). Also trying to keep up on the everyday house chores like picking up, dishes, laundry and the lawn. So really - it's a bit of this and that.

Unfortunately, Chad was NOT able to avoid the dreaded cold that I had. He hit the wall Friday afternoon with the nasal congestion, worn down and raw throat. So I did all the feedings on Friday night to try and get him some sleep but of course that makes me more tired too. Jack is still up about every 3 hours. An evil cycle really. I think that he is over the worst for now. Some extra sleep would be desirable to all.

Here are some of the latest pictures. Enjoy!





3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the rain boots!! Jackson looks like he is very long, taking after his parents and sister I assume. Hang in there, there has got to be some sleep in the future for both of us, I just have to believe it.

Michelle said...

Your garden is beautiful, Hope! I hope you are all feeling better and that Chad is better now. No fun when the entire house is sick. And we hope you get some good solid sleep soon. I go back to work tomorrow, so Chris will be up every other night now, instead of just on weekends. But at around 9 weeks, Amelia started to sleep a solid 7 - 7 1/2 hours every night, so she's sleeping from 9:30 until 5:00 or so. So, it's just around the corner for you!
Michelle

JenyB said...

Sooo...I need you to come to TX. Flinn is obsessed with flowers and plants and well, I'm a bit lacking in that area. I can't even keep an herb garden alive!