Monday, October 13, 2008

So Domestic...

The last 2 weekends have been busy with various domestic chores. We washed windows, organized the toy closet, cleaned up the kitchen and tidy-up Chad's work room to name a few things.

Last Tuesday, I had a meeting for work in Brainerd at Craguns. It was a benefit meeting for our retirees. I headed up early to have lunch with Mom and Dad and then they came to my meeting to sit in the back and see just what part of my job is. Thankfully, Mom and Dad behaved and didn't pretend to be disgruntled Xcel Energy retirees. Then I had dinner with them and was back to the cities by 9:30pm.

On Wednesday, Mom and Dad were down in the cities and stayed through Thursday night. I took the day off and Mom helped me do various household chores that I hate doing alone including cleaning all the kitchen and bathroom light fixtures. Mom then helped me organized both kids closets and change over their clothes to the winter stuff. (It won't belong before we see the snow.) We did a quick Walmart run for new couch throw pillows. I hated spending a fortune on them with little kids around so Walmart it was. Then it was off to drop some clothes at the Goodwill and off to pick up the kids. Thanks for the help Mom!

This past weekend was pretty non eventful. It was a great MN fall weekend with temps in the 70s and great fall color. I know that makes Stokes and B homesick to hear that. Probably not what you get in Texas or Oregon.

Here are some pictures of the kids including one of Chloe as my dear sister is a total blogging slacker lately. I guess I'll just have to be the one to post cute pictures of my niece. Both Jack and Hailey have coughs but no other complaints on the kid front. Can anyone guess what Jack is NOT going to be for Halloween based of the pictures below? Have a great week!


Being a Vikings' fan is exhausting.

Chloe will be 1 year old on Oct 21.


Jack as the Cowardly Lion

2 comments:

Emily said...

The cowardly lion is hilarious!

Stokes said...

Thanks for the pics! I can really see the Chad-side of Jack shining through in the high chair one. My mom sent me some photos from the yard in MN. The colors are spectacular this year up there - and yes, I am feeling a bit nostalgic - although fall always tends to do that to me. Ahhh - the smells, the cool evenings, the raking...