Monday, September 17, 2007
Consequences
Why is it when you enforce consequences on your child that you, the parent, also suffer consequences as well? For example, you take away a Dora castle for bad listening and while your child may (or may not) ultimately learn to listen better, you must also suffer through the crying, screaming and yelling for daddy which drives you to the brink of just giving in if they'd just settle down and be quiet. Hypothetically speaking of course.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My favorite is when you give them plenty of warning about what will happen if they continue to do whatever it is that they are doing, and then they act suprised when then warning comes to fruition and start saying "okay, okay, I'll be good!!!" It's like "are you a complete idiot!!, I told you what would happen!! This is not my fault, you chose to have this consequence, do you think I like doing this stuff!!!!??!!! Sorry, we've been through a bit of this lately as well.
I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Rob does the same thing to me all of the time.
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one. Braxton has passed 3 hearing tests. I swear it is just the sound of my voice he tunes out. Peyton us the exact same way. I will ask or tell her something at least three times, while she is looking at me, and then decides to say "what?" Hang in there!
Post a Comment