Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I No Longer Do Mornings

Due to our family's inability to have more than one night in a row with Hope and Chad getting at least 6 hours of straight sleep, I have officially decided that I no longer will do mornings. Our morning routine is kicking our a$$. Neither of us can get going in the mornings because we are so tired and we also can't seem to get it through our heads that getting 2 adults and 2 children out the door in the mornings requires a lot more time than just one child. I think that there is some complicated math calculation about the fact [(1 minute = 1 child prep minute) but with each additional child, you (multiply the coefficient of time to the power of 5 + 10 minutes for a poopy diaper allowance)] = you are always running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Soooooo, ok, I am still adjusting to having 2 kids.

Of course, work is crazy busy for both of us. I am running some huge projects at work right now until the end of the year and Chad somehow ended up being the United Way site coordinator for the entire division of Wells Fargo Business Payroll Services. Like he doesn't have enough going on. I guess it is nice to be needed, right???

Getting ready for my sister, Erin's, baby shower on Thursday. Mostly just need to make a grocery run tomorrow night and pick up after Hailey. Chad is working on putting up the last of the crown molding in the basement. It is looking sooooo cool with the lighting behind it. It will be perfect for movie lighting. Then all that will be left as far as construction work is the bathroom. I guess that we should start looking at carpet and furniture. Why not? I mean our money tree is doing so well so why not spend it all!

For all those that read this blog that happen to not be my U of MN, Morris gal who recently visited MN, check out Katie's blog for a great salad recipe. It is yummy! http://frofamilyblog.blogspot.com/

Here are 2 pictures from this week. I think that they are so cute because both of their eyes are so blue. Have a great rest of the week everyone!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope!

It will get easier getting out of the house in the morning. We put out Mira's clothes the night before and put a sippy cup of milk in the fridge. Then she gets herself dressed (reluctantly and SLOWLY some days, but dressed) and grabs her own milk from the fridge. Cereal in a cup on the go or a banana is often her breakfast, unless I can muster up some waffles. Just hang on for a couple more months. It will get easier! And if you need a sitter ever, call us. I'm sure Mira and Hailey would love to play together.

Michelle

Erin said...

You are SOOOO busted. I now know that we have having Yummy Salad at my shower! :-)

Also, I can't understand why anyone in your family would have issues with mornings. Both you and Chad have always been up so early and so chipper. Odd...

Danielle said...

They ARE cute pictures, they both look so good in red!