You want to know what we do for fun in Maple Grove, we go to Target. Well, ok, it was actually a special Target event. Our new Super Target opened on Tuesday, we needed diapers, so we went. It was completely insane. I think that half of the population within a 20 mile radius was there checking out the new place. I must say that I am in big trouble - it was super nice and I will probably spend lots of money there. Target is like that. It makes you spend money on things you didn't even know you needed after you just spent $150 dollars you did need. It's like...look, I just bought toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper and Tide that I actually need but that must mean I should meander over to the shoe department and buy a pair, and oh, this is cute wrapping paper, and gee this candle smells so nice and boy a bag of snickers sure sounds yummy. Someone please tell me they also experience this phenomenon while shopping at Target. Now there are groceries there! Like I said, I am in trouble. So if you are looking for a fun Tuesday evening in the burbs, stop on by our new store but leave your$200 at the door before exiting and thanks for shopping at our Maple Grove Target.
P.S. - I am traumatized that I have to learn a new Target store layout. I knew where everything was at my old Target. Learning the new Target layout will only facilitate me spending more money as I wander the store plopping unnecessary items in my cart while looking for the tampon isle. Do I hear conspiracy theory on why they build new Targets?
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am right with you, our Super Target opened on Tuesday too. We went yesterday and I loved it!
Hope, I know EXACTLY what you are saying. I go with a small list and always end up spending more than I planned, by about $30. Multiply that by a couple of times a week and I'm in trouble with Chris! All the little purchases seem so small in amounts, but when you add them up . . . look out! The girls and I checked out the new Maple Grove SuperTarget yesterday. It IS nice! It's almost too big. And I really hate learning a new layout for a store. We used to go to Plymouth and that was a nice manageable size, so we might continue to go there. PLUS, did you notice where the diapers, wipes, and formula are in the new MG SuperTarget? They aren't near the groceries like they are in the Plymouth one. Instead, they are WAY, WAY over on the other side of the store by the baby stuff. Very inconvenient if you are going just for groceries. We'll see if I embrace this new one or keep heading to Plymouth. They are about the same distance and I love familiarity.
Michelle
Post a Comment