Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week in Review

Ok, let's see if I can remember what went on this week. Like Jeny B., I too, have memory trouble these days. Chad busted his butt staining and varnishing trim for the basement over the weekend. Hailey returned from Grandma Camp on Monday when my parents came down from up north. I know that she had a ton of fun being the center of attention but she did say that she missed us. She was so cute when she got here. We got lots of kisses and hugs. Chad and Dad worked hard on the basement Monday - Wednesday. They got lots done but there were a few things where Murphy's law was in full force. Here are some pictures of the trim and the bath countertop. Chad picked out the trim style above the doors and window. It is craftsman style.



While the boys were working hard, I worked hard on getting the house scooped out. It was so nice to have Mom here for an extra set of hands with Jack. I was able to really get the house cleaned up. We also did a bit of flower shopping so I have more planting to do once it is not 95 degrees outside. I get totally sucked in by all the good deals on flowers/plants this time of year and I end up with so many plants, I hardly have places to put them. Mom and Dad headed home Wednesday afternoon and my team from work came over for dinner. (It was great to see you all!)

Thursday morning we were on our own again so Hailey, Jack and I played outside and watched the traffic at the garage sale next door. Hailey picked up some new books. Then we are off to Danielle's for lunch with Katie and all the kids. Hailey had a blast and keeps talking about going back to "run around Charlie's kitchen." I am sure that Danielle will post some pictures we got of all the kids.

Friday morning we braved Target. Hailey loves riding in the cart and having me pile all of the stuff on her. Both kids were very good. Friday afternoon we were off to the Eye doctor - all is good, I'm not blind yet. And here we are back to the weekend. More trim work for Chad and I hope to organize some of my card making materials. It is only 70 degrees today and it feels heavenly after all the hot days. Here are a few more pictures from the week.

0 comments: